So, another analysis/commentary on another run is NOT on my list of things I want to read about. Harisan posted a nice rundown of what went on last night, so go read...go on...
Back? Good. I'm going to start writing a list and see where it goes...
1. Can a group of level 17 toons take on Wailing Caverns, finish it in 3 hours, have only one wipe, and kill all the bosses with the exception of the escort? You bet your sweet patootie! We all dinged 18 inside the instance, so technically, we weren't 17 for the whole thing. 8~P
2. Is it a joy and a thrill to run with people who may still be learning their character, but have a firm grasp of group dynamics and a sincere desire to do the best they can? Whoooeee BOY, it is!! We all had some noob mistakes, but the group either recovered nicely or it just wasn't an issue.
3. Has anyone else just noticed how beautiful WC is? I have never taken the time to look around before, and I was amazed at the beauty found just in the rock formations and colors.
4. Most people would agree that WC and Deadmines are equivalent semi-faction specific instances. So, why is WC soooooooo much better as far as design, quests, and layout? We took the traditional route of killing bosses, but could have just as easily made our way to the last bosses before the first one or the one to the left. Deadmines requires you to fight each and every boss to progress to the next one - with Cookie being the only optional one.
5. Turion, the Pally Tank that I run with has me lovin' some Pally tanking. Harisan has only solidified that in my mind; she's awesome!! She would regularly take on two mobs at a time, and those mobs were GLUED to her! Phfffft, no real good tanking tools for lower level Pallys? I beg to differ!
6. Verdan the Everliving hits like a truck! This was the only fight where Harisan's life was in danger. I actually used some cancel healing methods to keep her alive and preserve mana for the entire fight. Our DPS really stepped it up and smooshed him before I ran out of mana.
7. Bugged mobs wipe groups. We saw an ectoplasm dude get marked by Harisan and then drop through the floor. "Did you guys just see that??" We took the shortcut anyways, and the thing rounded up approximately half the instance and came back for us. I'm not sure how many mobs there were, but there were a crap load!
8. Daxe has some sort of script running that automatically wins rolls. Turion is convinced of it, and now the Purple Poxers are suspecting the same. Erm, huh? Nothing to see here...
9. It's 2:30 pm eastern time and that's quittin' time for me.